Skin cancer prevention
June 13th marks the European Day of skin cancer prevention. Taking advantage of this event should be aware to remind that the skin cancer prevention begins in childhood.
Did you know that sunburns in childhood increase the chances of developing skin cancer in adulthood?
Remind your children how to protect themselves from the sun exposure. Protect them and help them to adopt appropriate habits to sun exposure. Here we give some suggestions:
- Avoid the sun from 12am. to 4pm.
- It is important that you protect your eyes with sunglasses.
- Use umbrellas, hats, caps, shirts in sun exposure.
- Use creams with a high protection factor that will guard against the most dangerous rays of sunlight. Apply creams after swimming or every two hours.
- Remember to protect against sunlight outdoor activity.
- It is important to drink water frequently. Hydrated skin will take care against sunlight.
Skin cancer occurs in young and old people, and if it´s early detected can be cured in 100% of cases. However, prevention should start in childhood, so that education at these ages is essentialo prevent and learn to detect cancer early.